nedjelja, 3. veljače 2013.

Un Chien Andalou :: An Andalusian Dog



Mesmerising surrealistic fantasy by Louis Bunuel and Salvador Dali depict seemingly random events, most of them revolve around the wooden box. For a while now I wanted to make the model of the box. I used stills and close-ups from the movie to study it's shape and details. I estimate that width is around 22-25 cm and I hope it's to scale. I took the best screenshot i could and used it as a template for a box, as i extruded it to it's full form.

Much to my surprise after I made the model I discovered that the actual box still exists. At least one of them, since there are the differences such as number of stripes and exhibit has no hinges visible, but exhibit had visible holes where belt was fastened to hang from the cycling-nun-guy's neck. I guess one i used were close-up version and several boxes were used, more so since the movie ends with discovery of broken box. I decided to make stripes with wooden textures, as intarsia, even tho now I see stripes are just painted on the lid, at least in exhibited box.

More info about the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou

Zapanjujuća nadrealistička fantazija Louisa Bunuela i Salvadora Dalija prikazuje naizgled nepovezane događaje, većina kojih se vrti oko drvene kutije. Već neko vrijeme želio sam napraviti model te kutijice. Koristio sam slike izvučene iz filma kako bih proučio detalje, procijenio sam da bi širina kutije mogla biti oko 22 do 25 cm, uzeo sam najbolju sliku poklopca kako bih ju u Sketchup-u izvukao u punu formu.

Iznenadio sam se kad sam vidio nakon što sam napravio model da kutija iz filma još uvijek postoji. Barem jedna verzija, jer postoje razlike između izloška i krupnih planova u broju pruga, izložak nema vidljive šarke, ali na njemu su sa strane rupe gdje je bio pričvršćen remem za koji je kutija visila oko vrata liku muškarca koji se vozi na biciklu u odjeći opatice.  Također sam odlučio zadržati izgled intarzije na poklopcu iako se na slici vidi da su pruge samo naslikane.

Više o filmu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou





Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar